About Captain Rob
Captain Rob has more than 50 years of experience with fishing in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Florida and Mexico. He is continuously drawn back to Lake Ontario because of what it has to offer, the ultimate fishing experience.
Captain Robert Hartman is a Brand Ambassador for Len Thompson Lures and Northern King Lures.
Captain Rob is the Canadian sale representative for Autotether, the man overboard safety system.
Captain Rob is fully certified and has the following designations as required by Transport Canada:
- PCOC – Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- SVOP – Small Vessel Operator Proficiency
- MED/A3 – Marine Emergency Duties
- ROC(M) – Restricted Operator’s Certificate Maritime (VHF) with DSC endorsement
- Marine First Aid + CPR
- Numerous CPS-ECP courses
Captain Rob is an active member of various fishing and boating organizations/associations:
- O.S.G.A – Ontario Sport Fishing Guides Association
- CPS-ECP - Canadian Power and Sail Squadron
- LOTSA - Lake Ontario Trout & Salmon Association